Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Winter <DA...@de.ibm.com> on 2019/05/22 19:13:52 UTC

Slow ReadProcessor read fields Warnings - Ideas to investigate?

Hello User Group,

we run Solr with HDFS and got a lot of the following warning:
Slow ReadProcessor read fields took 15093ms (threshold=10000ms); ack:
seqno: 3 reply: SUCCESS reply: SUCCESS reply: SUCCESS
downstreamAckTimeNanos: 798309 flag: 0 flag: 0 flag: 0, targets:
[DatanodeInfoWithStorage[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50010,DS-xx,DISK],
DatanodeInfoWithStorage[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50010,DS-xx,DISK],
DatanodeInfoWithStorage[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50010,DS-xx,DISK]]

It started with the default threshold of 30 seconds. But 10 seconds are
still too much for a query and we configured the warning threshold to 10
seconds.
It resulted in a flood of warnings and uncovered a slow HDFS read
performance. The HDFS statistics looks quite good and stable.

We are not sure how to investigate the reason and what we can improve to
solve the issue.
Did anybody have similar issues?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

David Winter