Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/10/27 00:49:15 UTC

groovy-all 1.0 pom in central repo?

So, who put the groovy-all 1.0 pom in the central repository?

This has *broken* a lot of projects and has made many releases
unbuildable...

Who did this and why?  Anyone know?

--jason

Re: groovy-all 1.0 pom in central repo?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Probably just a sync from the codehaus repository.

On 26 Oct 07, at 3:49 PM 26 Oct 07, Jason Dillon wrote:

> So, who put the groovy-all 1.0 pom in the central repository?
>
> This has *broken* a lot of projects and has made many releases
> unbuildable...
>
> Who did this and why?  Anyone know?
>
> --jason

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: groovy-all 1.0 pom in central repo?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Probably just a sync from the codehaus repository.

On 26 Oct 07, at 3:49 PM 26 Oct 07, Jason Dillon wrote:

> So, who put the groovy-all 1.0 pom in the central repository?
>
> This has *broken* a lot of projects and has made many releases
> unbuildable...
>
> Who did this and why?  Anyone know?
>
> --jason

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: groovy-all 1.0 pom in central repo?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
I disagree, if there's no pom it's to allow other people to contribute it
Maybe it's our fault for not adding a check to the release plugin and
fail when poms are missing, but it's like people making releases with
repositories other than central that have things messed up or jars
that are not in central, it's also their responsability to look for
that

On 10/27/07, Brian E. Fox <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
> The only safe solution is not to add a pom at all. Even adding an empty
> one could potentially cause issues depending on the search order of a
> user's repos or repo manager.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride