Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Rajpal, Harjeet Kumar" <Ha...@Honeywell.com> on 2009/09/04 10:06:07 UTC

Hadoop

Hello all,

            First of all sorry if this question sounds stupid. I am a
beginner with Hadoop.

            I am using Hadoop at windows so I have installed java in
following directory

C:\cygwin\home\HadoopAdmin\java

I have given the java home as Hadoop-env file of hadoop configuration as

export JAVA_HOME=/home/HadoopAdmin/java/jdk6

but still if I run following command

/home/ HadoopAdmin/hadoop18.3/bin/hadoop namenode -format

It gives error that

There is no file or directory

HadoopAdmin//java/jdk6

Please help me on this matter

Best Regards,

Harjeet Kumar

RE: Hadoop

Posted by am...@students.iiit.ac.in.
Hi Harjeet,

Once you modify the Hadoop-env.sh file, you need to run it also. Please
run it using sh conf/hadoop-env.sh once after you modify your changes.

Thanks!
Amol.

> Hi YONG YONG CHENG,
>
> First of all thanks for reply. I used the path told by you as JAVA_HOME
> but still its showing same problem.
> After this I wrote command in cygwin as
> export JAVA_HOME=C:\\cygwin\\home\\HadoopAdmin\\java
>
> then it started running. Same happened with other export commands  in
> the  file
> C:\cygwin\home\HadoopAdmin\hadoop-0.18.3\conf\hadoop-env.sh
>
> That means cygwin is unable to read commands from hadoop-env.sh file.
> Can you suggest some thing on this.
>
> Best Regards,
> Harjeet Kumar

believed to be clean.

RE: Hadoop

RE: Hadoop

Posted by #YONG YONG CHENG# <aa...@pmail.ntu.edu.sg>.
Good Day,

Use this:

Re: Hadoop

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
You should set JAVA_HOME like this:

export JAVA_HOME=C:/cygwin/home/HadoopAdmin/java