Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Surbhi Gupta <su...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/22 20:32:42 UTC

Best strategy to run repair

Hi,

We are on open source 3.11.5 .
We need to repair a production cluster .
We are using num_token as 256 .
What will be a better option to run repair ?
1. nodetool -pr  (Primary range repair on all nodes, one node at a time)
OR
2. nodetool -st -et (Subrange repair , taking the ranges for each node from
nodetool describering) and run 256 repairs on each node .

Thanks
Surbhi

Re: Best strategy to run repair

Posted by manish khandelwal <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you can pick  ranges on your own correctly, then you can do that way. In
my opinion a ready made tested solution is available, I think it should be
used.

Posted by Bowen Song <bo...@bso.ng.INVALID>.
It gets complicated when you have RF > 1, because a subrange can involve
multiple nodes, and a node can't run multiple repairs concurrently for
the same table. Multiple DCs also complicates things, as the
describering command doesn't separate the token ranges by DC. In my
opinion, it's best to use Cassandra reaper.

Posted by Surbhi Gupta <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by manish khandelwal <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kane Wilson <k...@raft.so>.