Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Petrashkova, Vera Y" <ve...@intel.com> on 2007/05/07 16:26:39 UTC

[drlvm] VM crashes on 3 tests from DRLVM Validation test suite

3 tests from DRLVM Validation test suite
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3206) failed on DRLVM
r535615 Windows2003 ia32 while passed since r531398.

1) The following jvmti tests

vm.jvmti.funcs.IterateInstances.IterateInstances0101.IterateInstances010
1

vm.jvmti.funcs.IterateOverHeap.IterateOverHeap0101.IterateOverHeap0101

    failed because VM crashes on jvmti methods

IterateOverHeap(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jvmtiHeapObjectFilter object_filter,
            jvmtiHeapObjectCallback heap_object_callback,

            void* user_data)

IterateOverInstancesOfClass(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jclass klass,
            jvmtiHeapObjectFilter object_filter,
            jvmtiHeapObjectCallback heap_object_callback,

            void* user_data)

    when parameter object_filter equals to JVMTI_HEAP_OBJECT_UNTAGGED or
JVMTI_HEAP_OBJECT_EITHER

     VM works correctly when object_filter equals to
JVMTI_HEAP_OBJECT_TAGGED.

2) VM also crashes on the following test which creates large array

vm.jvms.instructions.reftypes.anewarray.anewarray09.anewarray0901.anewar
ray0901

   It is occurred on Windows 2003 but this test passes on Windows XP.

These failures may be intermittent because the listed tests failed on
DRLVM r531398 but they passed on the next builds till r535615.

Thank you,

Vera Petrashkova

Re: [drlvm] VM crashes on 3 tests from DRLVM Validation test suite

Posted by chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. *HARMONY-3860* <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-3860> was
created for that.
One small issue is that GCv5 supports heap iteration which GCv4.1 does not.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org>.

--
Gregory

Re: [drlvm] VM crashes on 3 tests from DRLVM Validation test suite

Posted by chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>.
     I just checked the IterateOverHeap/IterateInstances issue.  I found the
problem is not in GCv5 but in the tag setting of the JVMTI environment.
    In my experiments there is assertion failure in
assert(global_ti_env->tags) at vm_iterate_object(), which probably means no
tag setting before gc_iterate_heap().

    GCv4.1 has not this problem because it initializes the
jvmti_heap_iteration as false, which means the heap is not iterated, so no
vm_iterate_ovject() is called, even if JVMTI environment askes it to do.
Instead I did not see GCv5 has internal problem in gc_iterate_heap().

    So I am also looking for your suggestion for below options (1) Set
jvmti_heap_iteration of GCv5 with false as GCv4.1. (2) Discard the assertion
in vm_iterate_object. (3) Rewrite the test case to set tag before
gc_iterate_heap().

-regards,
chunrong

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.