Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "gede06@student.bth.se" <ge...@student.bth.se> on 2006/09/25 20:15:28 UTC

JMX issue with 3.0?

Hej, with the current 3.0 binary distro I'm unable to use the JMX console.
JConsole trows errors when trying to connect the address given by SM in the
console output and the address given at
http://www.servicemix.org/site/jmx-console.html I tried with deactivated
firewall; no change. With an approx. 2 months old snapshot it works as
desired, so JMX itself is working.

Can anyone reproduce the problem?

Georg

======== SM output:

Starting Apache ServiceMix ESB: 3.0-incubating

INFO  - ConnectorServerFactoryBean     - JMX connector available at:
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
INFO  - JBIContainer                   - ServiceMix 3.0-incubating JBI
Container (ServiceMix) is starting
INFO  - JBIContainer                   - For help or more informations
please see: http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
INFO  - ComponentMBeanImpl             - Initializing component:
#SubscriptionManager#
INFO  - DeploymentService              - Restoring service assemblies
INFO  - ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle       - Starting service assembly:
bridge-sa
INFO  - JBIContainer                   - ServiceMix JBI Container
(ServiceMix) started
INFO  - AutoDeploymentService          - Location bridge-sa-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
no longer exists - removing ...
INFO  - AutoDeploymentService          - Attempting to remove archive at:
bridge-sa-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
INFO  - AutoDeploymentService          - Undeploying service assembly
bridge-sa
INFO  - ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle       - Shutting down service assembly:
bridge-sa
INFO  - ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle       - Shutting down service assembly:
bridge-sa

======== JConsole output:
Exception in thread "JConsole.addUrl" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Expect
ed String[2], got null
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.jmx.JaasAuthenticator.authenticate(JaasAuth
enticator.java:73)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl.doNewClient(RMIServerImpl.j
ava:221)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl.newClient(RMIServerImpl.jav
a:188)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:4
66)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport
.java:707)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Stream
RemoteCall.java:247)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:
223)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown
Sour
ce)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.j
ava:2239)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:27
1)
        at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFacto
ry.java:248)
        at sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.<init>(ProxyClient.java:117)
        at
sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.getProxyClient(ProxyClient.java:87)
        at sun.tools.jconsole.JConsole$2.run(JConsole.java:410)

Re: JMX issue with 3.0?

Posted by "gede06@student.bth.se" <ge...@student.bth.se>.
Thanks, now it works :-) Added that info to
http://goopen.org/confluence/display/SM/JMX+Console

Re: JMX issue with 3.0?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You need to deactivate credentials or use smx / smx to log in.
The configuration is in the /conf/jmx.xml, and the default one
delegates to JAAS, which is configured in conf/login.properties.
The first module uses the two properties file at
/conf/groups.properties and conf/users-passwords.properties

On 9/25/06, gede06@student.bth.se <ge...@student.bth.se> wrote:

> [...]
>         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:126)
>         at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown
> Sour
> ce)
>         at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.j
> ava:2239)
>         at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:27
> 1)
>         at
> javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFacto
> ry.java:248)
>         at sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.<init>(ProxyClient.java:117)
>         at
> sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.getProxyClient(ProxyClient.java:87)
>         at sun.tools.jconsole.JConsole$2.run(JConsole.java:410)

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet