Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/15 23:31:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0 incubating candidate 8

Hi,

This is the eigth candidate for the first incubator release for Apache
Kafka, version 0.7.0-incubating. Based on the feedback from the
general incubator list
(http://markmail.org/message/bkkfwjexr7ixmh5b?q=Feedback+kafka+0%2E7%2E0+list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Egeneral),
the only changes from the last candidate are the NOTICE and LICENSE files.

It also fixes the following issues:
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-8/RELEASE-NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Dec 19th, 11 am

Note that we are voting upon the source tag.

Release artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-8/

The SVN tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/tags/kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-8

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/KEYS

Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
successful PPMC vote before
any release can be made official.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0 incubating candidate 8

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for testing this RC !
With 2 positive PPMC votes and 2 positive IPMC vote, I declare this
votehas passed.
I will proceed with publishing a new vote on the general@incubator list now.
Thanks,Neha

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for testing this RC !

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1.  Verified checksum and signature.  Ran tests and poked around.  Looks good.

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.