Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by V Srinivas Reddy <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/14 01:36:15 UTC

How to insert SSL in Dockers guacamole

Hi

We have installed Dockers. Now how to install the SSL purchased from third
party, in between.
Kindly guide us someone.

Thanks and regards

R: How to insert SSL in Dockers guacamole

Posted by MAURIZI Lorenzo <l....@comune.jesi.an.it>.
Hello.

This is my solution with guacamole in docker on Debian Linux.
I installed Apache Web Server (not in Docker but from packages of the operating system).
I enabled these modules:

·         proxy

·         proxy_http

·         proxy_wstunnel

·         rewrite

·         ssl

Then I created a conf file for my Guacamole site with this content:

------------------------------------------------- file guacamole.conf ----------------------------------------
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
        ServerName <your FQDN>
        ServerAdmin <your admin email>

        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        <IfModule rewrite_module>
                RewriteEngine on
                RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
                RewriteRule ^(.*)? https://%{SERVER_NAME}/guacamole/ [R,L]

        </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
        <VirtualHost _default_:443>
            ServerName <your FQDN>
            ServerAdmin <your admin email>

                DocumentRoot /var/www/html
                <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                        RewriteEngine on
                        Rewriterule ^(/)?$ /guacamole$1 [R,L]
                        Rewriterule ^/guacamole$ /guacamole/ [R,L]
                </IfModule>

                <IfModule proxy_module>
                        <Location /guacamole/>
                                Require all granted
                                ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:8080/guacamole/ flushpackets=on
                                ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:8080/guacamole/
                        </Location>
                </IfModule>
                <IfModule proxy_wstunnel_module>
                        <Location /guacamole/websocket-tunnel>
                                Require all granted
                                ProxyPass ws://127.0.0.1:8080/guacamole/websocket-tunnel
                                ProxyPassReverse ws://127.0.0.1:8080/guacamole/websocket-tunnel
                        </Location>
                </IfModule>

                ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
                CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

                SSLEngine on

                SSLCertificateFile      <path to the public SSL certificate file>
                SSLCertificateKeyFile   <path to the private key of the SSL certificate>

                <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$">
                                SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
                </FilesMatch>
                <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
                                SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
                </Directory>
        </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Modify the yellow texts with your specific information.

Regards.
Lorenzo