Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@apache.org> on 2009/04/06 10:44:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M2 RC2

Please review and vote on RC2 of the SCA 2.0-M2 release.

The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/2.0-M2-RC2/

The release tag is available at :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/tags/java/sca/2.0-M2/

+1 from me.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M2 RC2

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
I was able to download and unzip the artifacts successfully, and all the
samples
worked fine for me.

+1 from me.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M2 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> 1.1 xsd files. Can others give the change an eyeball to make sure that
>>> I have included the license and copyright statement correctly.
>>>

>> The changes don't look to me like they've broken anything. Are there
>> any more changes need or shall i respin now?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> That's all the blocking issues I noticed addressed.
>
> Simon

Cool ok thanks i'll respin now

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Sure go ahead, let me know when you're done and I'll respin. AFAICT
>> we're fine to use the OASIS license.
>>
>> The Wicket module isn't finished yet, the webapp samples do work but I
>> was going to change them to be the same as what the archetypes create
>> but thats not done yet.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> OK, am fixing up the non-OASIS license changes now. I'm told that the
> OASIS license should be attached to their source artifacts very soon
> so we can include that when done, respin the RC and close off the
> legal-discuss thread.
>
> Ok, understand about the webapp stuff.
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

OK, I've update the M2 branch (and trunk) with the OASIS license file
information that has been added to their repo [1] alongside the SCA
1.1 xsd files. Can others give the change an eyeball to make sure that
I have included the license and copyright statement correctly.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/sca-assembly/SCA_XSDS/

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M2 RC2

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 from me.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

I've run the sample and they are OK although there are a few
non-blocking issues in the READMEs that I'll try and tidy up.

I notice that not all of the things in the source release are in the
binary release. This is not a problem per-se but want to check that
this is intentional, in particular..

samples/webapp
modules/wicket

Were the obvious ones.

I'll try a source build but our auto testing is pretty good on that so
I'll post back here if I have problems.

Regards

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M2 RC2

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Thanks,
Raymond