Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com> on 2016/04/26 07:29:20 UTC

upgrading lucene 4 to 6

Hi Uwe

Looking at the magnitude of the API changes from Lucene 4 to 6, I don't
think we'll ever be able to upgrade. It seems the API has been modified
to a large extent.

Is there any chance that the bug fixes will back ported to the 4.0 branch?

Jamie

Re: upgrading lucene 4 to 6

Posted by scott cote <sc...@gmail.com>.
Jamie,

I just went through an upgrade from 3 to 5.  We used faceting, highlighting, search, explanation, etc ….    It took us 3 months and that was a hard push (2 to 3 people dedicated to the effort).

Don’t put off the upgrade.  The performance is worth the pain.

SCott