Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Philip Limbeck <ph...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/12 13:05:30 UTC

Production-readyness of Flink SQL

Hi!

I am quite sure this was asked before. But why is Flink SQL is
declared to be in in Beta as given by the header in
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/table/
?

Are there specific functions in SQL which are not production ready or
is it meant for the whole Flink SQL API ?

I am asking this because many large companies seem to be  (Alibaba,
Uber, ...) using it in production.

Thanks
Philip

Re: Production-readyness of Flink SQL

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Philip,

you are absolutely right that Flink SQL is definitely production ready.
It has been developed for 2 years now and is used at Uber, Alibaba,
Huawei and many other companies.

We usually only merge production ready code or add an explicit warning
about it. I will finally remove this tag.

Regards,
Timo