Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "shanmuganathan.r" <sh...@zohocorp.com> on 2011/07/26 11:08:25 UTC

Run the namenode and master seperately?

Hi All,

            How we will run the Namenode  and the HMaster in separate hosts ? Please give me some guide lines about this area.

where we give the this one is the HMaster ? In my configuration of HBase, i  didn't mention the HMaster in the any configuration file. I simply run the hmaster in the namenode .
If we have the possibility to run the namenode and hmaster separately , give where we mention this running environment.

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Shanmuganathan

RE: Run the namenode and master seperately?

Posted by "Buttler, David" <bu...@llnl.gov>.
By default the master starts on the machine that you run start-hbase.sh on

You can control which machine the master starts on by running:
ssh <machine-name> ${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase-daemon.sh --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" start master

You can create a derivative of the start-hbase.sh script to insert the 'ssh <machine-name>' if you still want to launch from the namenode machine, but want the master to run on another machine

Dave

Posted by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Shanmuganathan,

Use the following property in HBASE-SITE.XML to specify the HDFS path.
Ensure that you have the host name mapping of the namenode and the master
machine.

  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://linux76:9000/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    </description>
  </property>
  <property>