Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vikrant S <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 16:26:49 UTC

Dynamic Message

Hi ALL,
In my Struts2/jsp form I have three buttons. When any of these buttons are
clicked and once the action is successfull I want to dynamically show a
message on the same page where these buttons are .
Any Suggestions please in order to handle such case.And also the message
should be different for each button.
Thanks in advance

Re: Dynamic Message

Posted by vikrant S <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks buddy It is working

Re: Dynamic Message

Posted by carl ballantyne <ca...@cast-info.es>.
I think you want to try something like addActionMessage("Yay it
worked") in the action.

And then in the jsp use <s:actionmessage/> to display it.

Re: Dynamic Message

Re: Dynamic Message

Posted by vikrant S <sh...@gmail.com>.
I already have defined three different actions for each button. The thing
which I want is that when I click any of this button and the action class
returns a success then there should be a dynamic message on the same page
where the buttons are , that the action has been successfull. How can I  do
it ?? Please suggest me..

Re: Dynamic Message

Posted by ben_979 <be...@yahoo.ca>.

Put each button in it's own form, and assign a hidden variable in each form
with a different value for each button/form. In your action class, check the
value of the parameter, set a generic message string based on the parameter
value, then redisplay the page with the forms on it.