Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jean-Yves Avenard <jy...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 09:29:04 UTC

Re: Sparse directory question / problem

Hi

2009/8/26 Jean-Yves Avenard <jy...@gmail.com>:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to only check-out the directories located at the root of a
> svn repository, with no files in there
>
> So I run the command:
> svn co https://url/svn/projects/ --depth immediates
>
> This creates 3 directories:
> A    projects/dir1
> A    projects/dir2
> A    projects/dir3
>
> However, there are over 20 other directories in the projects
> repository ; I can't figure out why it's not checking them out ..
>
> If I go in the projects directory just checked out and I issue the command:
> svn update --set-depth immediates
> I will then get the following message:
>
> svn: Directory 'Varian' is missing
> svn: Directory 'Varian' is missing
>
> (Varian being on of the directory found in the projects repository).
>
> Any ideas what I could be missing ?

No answer? is it a located problem with my repository ?

Re: Sparse directory question / problem

Posted by Jean-Yves Avenard <jy...@gmail.com>.
2009/8/28 Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>:

> Hmm... I am at a loss. You are sure Varian is in the projects folder on svn in HEAD?
oh yes I'm sure.

I'm too at loss..

> If you do:
>
> svn ls https://usl/svn/projects
>
> Does it include the "Varian" directory in the list?

yes it does:
minime:projects avenardj$ svn ls https://url/svn/projects | grep Varian
Varian/
minime:projects avenardj$ svn ls https://url/svn/projects | wc -l
      36

there are 36 directories available, yet only 3 comes with depth = immediate

RE: Sparse directory question / problem

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> 2009/8/27 Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>:
> > Do you have read permission to the Varian directory? The path to it
> is:
> >
> > https://url/svn/projects/Varian
> >
> > right?
>
> that's right.
> I have full permission (read and write) to the whole directory,
> without exception
> >
> > What happens if after you do the first co you do from your projects
> wc:
> >
> > svn co ^/projects/Varian --depth infinity Varian
>
> then it checks out the whole directory
>
> minime:projects avenardj$ svn co https://url/svn/projects/ --depth
> immediates
> A    projects/dir1
> A    projects/dir2
> A    projects/dir3
> Checked out revision 26022.
> (name of directories got changed btw, for confidentiality reasons)
>
> minime:projects avenardj$ svn co ^/Varian --depth infinity Varian
> A    Varian/AA-RoHS
> A    Varian/AA-RoHS/trunk
> A    Varian/AA-RoHS/trunk/PostDesign

Hmm... I am at a loss. You are sure Varian is in the projects folder on svn in HEAD?

If you do:

svn ls https://usl/svn/projects

Does it include the "Varian" directory in the list?

BOb

Re: Sparse directory question / problem

Posted by Jean-Yves Avenard <jy...@gmail.com>.
hi

2009/8/27 Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>:
> Do you have read permission to the Varian directory? The path to it is:
>
> https://url/svn/projects/Varian
>
> right?

that's right.
I have full permission (read and write) to the whole directory,
without exception

> What happens if after you do the first co you do from your projects wc:
>
> svn co ^/projects/Varian --depth infinity Varian

then it checks out the whole directory

minime:projects avenardj$ svn co https://url/svn/projects/ --depth immediates
A    projects/dir1
A    projects/dir2
A    projects/dir3
Checked out revision 26022.
(name of directories got changed btw, for confidentiality reasons)

minime:projects avenardj$ svn co ^/Varian --depth infinity Varian
A    Varian/AA-RoHS
A    Varian/AA-RoHS/trunk
A    Varian/AA-RoHS/trunk/PostDesign

etc...