Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Kristian Halm <kr...@imk.fhg.de> on 2002/07/03 13:41:02 UTC

Re: Schema validation internals

Hi

sorry for intervening in this thread but I got a question concerning the
PSVI you mentioned.

>They are stored in SchemaGrammar objects, like all other schema components.
>If you have user-defined simple types in your schema document, and parse
>such document (either parse it directly using Xerces' grammar-preparsing
>functionality, or parse an instance that refers to such schema, then access
>its PSVI), you'll get SchemaGrammar/XSModel object(s) that contain such simple type definitions.

Is the PSVI of a Xerces parsed document an XSModel object or what
actually is the PSVI in Xerces?
I know that when I preparse a schema document I will get a SchemaGrammar
object.
With this grammar object I could know create a XSModel object, so I
would get the PSVI *without* any XML instance parsing !?
I'm a bit confused about that, so please give me enlightenment. :)

Thanks
Kristian