Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by El...@lionbridge.com on 2001/09/06 17:33:04 UTC

basic SOAP error : Unable to resolve target object

hi all, i do have this error when i call a service :

Fault= SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
       Unable to resolve target object: GetProj

GetProj is the name of my class, here is the way i deployed my service :

Provider Class                  GetProj
Use Static Class                false
Methods                         getList

The GetProj class contains getList method, that calls a method from an
other class and retrieves a String to send it back to the client.

 in the documentation they say : "Basically the problem is that there is a
classpath or other problem that prevents the server side from properly
locating the object to deliver calls to"

I of course added the path to my classes into the classpath. and checked
if the classpath was alright under DOS.

so what could be the reason of such an error ? what did i forget ? other
web services where working well so what's wrong ?.... any idea ?
i use Tomcat 3.3  m4+ SOAP 2.2

regards,
Elise

RE: basic SOAP error : Unable to resolve target object

Posted by Christian Bernard <cb...@nagora.com>.
Hi Elise,

This message means that your SOAP engine is not able to find your class and
to instantiate it. There's 2 solutions to resolve the problem.

0. I suppose Your Web Service application is deployed at
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\myapp.

1. Either you add your web service class(es) to your classpath by modifying
the tomcat.bat file with a statement like
CP=%CP%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\myapp\WEB-INF\classes.

2. Either you don't want to modify the classpath of your engine. If so,  you
may create a %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\myapp\WEB-INF\lib directory and add add
the soap.jar, activation.jar and mail.jar this directory.

The second solution makes it possible to run several web services in the
same engine which don't use the same SOAP implementation version, and to
deploy them by packaging war files (with the DeployedServices.ds file
included). The only change to make to the original engine's classpath is to
add the xerces.jar in the front of the classpath as stated in the Apache
SOAP documentation.

Christian BERNARD

NAGORA Technologies