Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2007/10/08 13:30:02 UTC

Re: testing doxia-SNAPSHOT with site plugin

I assume from the recent silence that I am not the only one having
troubles with this. What's other people's status with doxia? As for me,
I still can't make it work with any versions of the site plugin.

I have been quite busy recently, (and actually expect to be so for the
next few weeks still), but I have a few patches waiting and they start
to pile up, and generally, I'd like to start pushing for beta-1.

I assume that the problems I see are strictly maven related (ie outside
doxia). I also assume that an alpha-10 release (if we do one) with just
Vincent's trivial bug fix, can be done from the alpha-9 tag. So, any
objections if I go ahead committing on trunk?

Cheers,
-Lukas

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 go ahead.

Vincent

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Lukas Theussl wrote:
>
>> I assume from the recent silence that I am not the only one having
>> troubles with this. What's other people's status with doxia? As for
>> me, I still can't make it work with any versions of the site plugin.
>

> I don't get the error message that you noted below, when I use doxia
> built from trunk. The dependency issues should be sorted out, after I
> wnet through it with the dependency-plugin.
>
> I do however get other exceptions from time to time, usually
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

I'd love to get one of those, at least I would know where to start
looking... ;) Vincent has confirmed privately that he sees the same
Exception though, so at least I don't feel completely alone. ;) I have
currently given up on trying to hunt this down as I think I have already
wasted too much time on it and I don't really know what I'm doing. So I
resolved to employ a strategy that I frequently, and successfully, used
with m1: just wait until it starts working! :)

>> I have been quite busy recently, (and actually expect to be so for the
>> next few weeks still), but I have a few patches waiting and they start
>> to pile up, and generally, I'd like to start pushing for beta-1.
>

> Do you feel that alpha-9 is unusable? Just curious if I should push
> releases of MSITE, MPIR et al with alpha-9. I feel that we can do all
> the work in the world on doxia, but it will not benefit maven users
> until we start releasing the plugins...

I can't really say anything as I'm not able to test. The bug that
Vincent has fixed should affect the layout of tables in project-info and
plugin reports. (As a sidenote: this might be browser dependent as
Vincent and I have seen different results on different OSs). Other than
this, alpha-9 should be perfectly usable, after all, we've spent quite
some time to make it so!

>> I assume that the problems I see are strictly maven related (ie
>> outside doxia). I also assume that an alpha-10 release (if we do one)
>> with just Vincent's trivial bug fix, can be done from the alpha-9 tag.
>> So, any objections if I go ahead committing on trunk?
>

> Dive right in. We could easily set up a branch from alpha-9 if we decide
> to do an alpha-10.

Ok, will do :) beta-1 will necessitate a bunch of changes for some
things to get fixed, so we could keep an alpha branch for bug fixes only.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Lukas Theussl wrote:
> [...]

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
>>
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:280)
>>         at
>>
>>         at
>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>>         at
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>         at
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] Total time: 36 seconds
>> [INFO] Finished at: Sun Sep 30 08:20:34 CEST 2007

Dennis Lundberg