Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Nathan Clement <na...@yahoo.com.au> on 2008/04/22 06:17:45 UTC

Result class with incorrect property names

Hi,

I've been using SQL Maps for 3 years and I want to say I think this product is great.

I've noticed that some of our developers can accidentally mis-type the property names in their SQL.  For example, the SQL Map XML might have the following:

select value from table where ...

The result class has a property which is supposed to map to this column, but the developer mis-typed it:

public String getVlaue()
public void setVlaue( String vlaue )

The data mapper silently discards the column from the database.  Is there a configuration setting that I can turn on to make the data mapper raise an error if it can't find a property on a result class for a column?

Thanks,

Nathan

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail