Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2010/07/29 20:17:47 UTC

Problems with svn

All,

After a long hiatus, today, I tried to do an "svn update" and I got this
message:

~/projects/velocity/tools/trunk$ svn update
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'.  You need
to get a newer Subversion client, or to downgrade this working copy.
See http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#working-copy-format-change
for details.

svn reports this version:
$ svn --version
svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
   compiled Aug  6 2009, 20:47:37

I thought maybe I was just stuck in a bad place, so I tried to get a new
copy of the source directly from the Apache web site:

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/index.html#Subversion_Repository

$ svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/velocity/tools/trunk/
svn: Repository moved temporarily to
'http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/velocity/tools/trunk'; please relocate

Uh, okay. How about:

$ svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/velocity/tools/trunk/
svn: Repository moved permanently to '/viewvc/velocity/tools/trunk/';
please relocate

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-chris

Re: Problems with svn

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
All,

> Can someone give me a few pointers if they happen to know?

Nevermind, I've got it working through lenny-backports: svn update works
just fine, now.

Thanks,
-chris

Re: Problems with svn

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Antonio,

On 7/30/2010 3:34 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2010/7/29 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
>> svn reports this version:
>> $ svn --version
>> svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
>>   compiled Aug  6 2009, 20:47:37
>
> You must use Subversion 1.6.x

Hmm... Debian Lenny says I'm all up-to-date. Any idea if subversion 1.6
is in testing or even unstable? It looks like 1.6.12 is available from
lenny-backports, but I know very little about Debian administration. Can

Re: Problems with svn

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/7/29 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
> svn reports this version: