Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> on 2006/09/09 21:04:55 UTC

jackrabbit repository access from two webapps

I've an application in a EAR. The application has an html interface with
FORM authentication, and another interfaz with webservices using BASIC
authentication. Because I need two authentication methods, I need two
WAR files (each one with an autherntication method).

The FORM-WAR access to an Jacrabbit repository, and the BASIC-WAR needs
to access to the same repository. When the FORM-WAR is deployed,
initialize the jackrabbit repository using a startup servlet. But when I
access to BASIC-WAR webservices, it tries to initialize the same
repository again.

It is possible to avoid this second initialization?

Thanks in advance.
--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

Re: jackrabbit repository access from two webapps

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
just remove the RepositoryStartupServlet from the 2nd app.
regards, toby

On 9/9/06, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> I've an application in a EAR. The application has an html interface with
> FORM authentication, and another interfaz with webservices using BASIC
> authentication. Because I need two authentication methods, I need two
> WAR files (each one with an autherntication method).
>
> The FORM-WAR access to an Jacrabbit repository, and the BASIC-WAR needs
> to access to the same repository. When the FORM-WAR is deployed,
> initialize the jackrabbit repository using a startup servlet. But when I
> access to BASIC-WAR webservices, it tries to initialize the same
> repository again.
>
> It is possible to avoid this second initialization?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97