Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Tatikonda, Ramesh" <Ra...@erac.com> on 2004/07/31 15:46:08 UTC

Axis 1.1 and Weblogic Webservices (SOAP message handlers and handler chains)

Hi,
We are planning on upgrading to weblogic 7.0 from weblogic 6. We are running into issues since weblogic 7.0 now has its own implementation of SOAP message handlers and handler chains (MessageFactoryImpl, SoapFactoryImpl, MimeHeaders etc).

We have tested adding saaj.jar prior to weblogic.jar for the runtime class path and it is working fine.
Can you please share your thoughts/ideas//recommendations/implications of doing this.

Thanks for your time and help.
Ramesh

returning a fault with message style

Posted by Joel Carklin <jo...@innoforge.com>.
I am using the message style. I have the following method:
public Document processRequest(Document doc) {
        Document res_dom_doc = null;
        try {
            My_Message msg = new My_Message(doc);
            MyConnectionToExternalSystem conn =
newMyConnectionToExternalSystem("<ip_address>",8686,"comm1");
            My_Message res = conn.sendAndReceiveMessage(msg, 45000);
            res_dom_doc = res.getMsgAsDOMDocument();
        } catch( Exception e ) {
            //
        }
        return res_dom_doc;
    }

If all goes well on my external system, this works perfectly.
Sometimes the returned Document is a custom fault which I need to return
to the client as a SOAP Fault. I added this code to help:
SOAPBody sb =
MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getResponseMessage().getSOAPPart().getEnvelope().getBody();
SOAPFault fault = sb.addFault();
fault.setFaultString(whatever the string is);
fault.setFaultCode("Server");

But now I need to add the res_dom_doc, returned by my external system,
as a child of the <detail> element of the soap fault. Can anyone please
explain how I can do this? Using the code above, an empty detail element
in returned and the res_dom_doc xml comes after the closing tag of
soapfault ( </soapenv:Fault> ).

thanks
Joel