Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Andres Celis <ac...@outlook.com> on 2015/07/22 04:09:03 UTC

Zeppelin T-SQL interpreter

Hi Zeppelin Team,
I am looking into submitting a pull request for a t-sql interpreter so that users can query data in SQL Server.
I was looking at previous pull requests to make sure my interpreter would be a first class citizen, and I came across one submitted by 1teed for a mysql interpreter: https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/60.  I saw that although the design was well received the merge never happened because of licensing issues with the mysql driver.  Since a t-sql interpreter would depend on the Microsoft JDBC driver for SQL Server, I was wondering if we would run in the same licensing issue, and if so, how we could work around it.
Thanks,Andres

Re: Zeppelin T-SQL interpreter

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Andres,

Thanks for submitting PR for a generic JDBC interpreter. I think it'll help
avoid license concerns of many jdbc driver implementations.
Let me take a look.

Thanks,
moon

Posted by Andres Celis <ac...@outlook.com>.