Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by JM...@shawsystems.com on 2005/09/21 16:24:54 UTC

Generating account numbers for a test

I need to test loading accounts into a system a would like to generate the
account numbers and other information that is required in the request for
the new account to be added externally rather than typing it all in.  I
need to simulate adding roughly 4500 accounts daily, so typing these
accounts in is not an option.  Is there a means to feed JMeter an external
file that can be used to generate the tests I need?  If so where can i
find more information on this process.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Re: Generating account numbers for a test

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
One possible way is described here:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-1680863678257fbcb85bd97351860eb0049f19ae

You need to generate the test for a single account, and then replace
the specific account number with a variable reference that can be read
from a file.

S.