Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Celeste Haseltine <CH...@unifocus.com> on 2003/11/12 00:13:08 UTC

Displaying Classic ASP site inside of Jetspeed

I have a client who needs to quickly move his classic ASP site into a portal
framework.  What he wants to do is to create a "portlet" for each menu item
in his current web site, and allow the user to run the classic ASP code
within the portlet, as-is. In other words, just wrap a portlet around each
different menu option on his current ASP web site, and used the portal as
his overall navigation framework.

The site currently passes long query strings on the URL line to determine
what user has access to what information, along with cookies and
navigational links.  When I did a search on the Jetspeed listserver, I noted
that the IFrame portlet will not support this type of functionality, as it
cannot support cookies, transferal of sessions, and will open a new browser
window should someone click on a navigational link within the website
displayed in the IFrame portlet.  I have not looked at the IFrame portlet in
Jetspeed, but I suspect that it also will not support the transferal of
information via URL query strings.

I tried to look at the IFrameProxyPortlet listed on the Jetspeed Community
Portlet page, but the server/link to the site appears to be down.  Has
anyone had to do something to the effect of what I have described above?
And if so, is there a Portlet out there I can use that will accomplish the
functionality that this client has requested?  Any advice/information would
be greatly appreciated.

Celeste