Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Miguel Rubio <mi...@arrakis.es> on 2001/02/20 15:59:00 UTC

Problems with the installation of configuration of cocoon for servletexec 3.0

Hello everybody. This is my first e-mail to the list and today is my first "meeting" with cocoon.

I am triying to install cocoon 1.8.2 over servlet exec 3.0 on a Windows NT operating system.
I followed the instructions to install with servlet exec 2.0. The classpath includes all the necessary .jar files.
When I finished the installation, I create a new web application using de admin web.

When I tried to open a .xml page with the browser, the server returns the
following error message:
Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

javax.servlet.ServletException: RequestDispatcher.forward() failed to get servlet: org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
	at newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java, Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java, Compiled Code)

The apache server seems to forward  the .xml files to cocoon, but the servlet don't work.
I don't know what is the meaning of the init argument (called properties) of the servlet org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon:¿is the name of the real path for the file cocoon.properties, or is his virtual path?. Perhaps this is the problem...
Would somebody help me?.

Thanks.

Re: Problems with the installation of configuration of cocoon for servletexec 3.0

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Miguel Rubio (miguel.rubio@arrakis.es) wrote :
> The apache server seems to forward  the .xml files to cocoon, but the servlet don't work.
> I don't know what is the meaning of the init argument (called
> properties) of the servlet org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon:�is the name of
> the real path for the file cocoon.properties, or is his virtual path?.
> Perhaps this is the problem...  Would somebody help me?.

It should be the path under the servlet context.

P.

RE: Problems with the installation of configuration of cocoon for servletexec 3.0

Posted by Tapan Nanawati <ta...@yahoo.com>.
Refer to "servlet engine" log and "apache log" for more details you may find
better / detailed clues there!

Tapan Nanawati
Globe Communication
NIL/26, Malviya Nagar