Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Karin Schellner <ka...@researchstudio.at> on 2005/08/19 15:37:27 UTC

dynamic forward path?

Hi,

I am new to Struts and would appreciate your ideas for a solution to the
following problem:

In my webapplication I have a login-form with a submit and cancel
button. When the user clicks the cancel-button I would like to return
him to the page he previously visited (before calling the page with the
login-form). Using a forward in the action-mapping would redirect the
user always to the same page (e.g. welcome.do), therefore I was thinking
of storing the last visited page in the session and use it for a
redirect, but then I would bypass the struts-config ... what do you
think? Is there a possibility to achieve this in Struts?

thanks,
karin.

Re: dynamic forward path?

Posted by Karin Schellner <ka...@researchstudio.at>.
thanks for this idea; I implemented it the way you suggested - with this
solution everything is still configurable through the struts-config file
as you are stating below ...

thanks a lot,
karin.

--
DI Karin Schellner
Research Studios Austria - Digital Memory Engineering

Thurngasse 8/20, A-1090 Wien
M. +43.664.825-1105
T. +43.1.585-0537
F. +43.1.585-3741