Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Markus Pohle <ap...@webunity.de> on 2007/08/02 10:30:33 UTC

Re: apache ds 1.5 install problem

Hi Erdem,

lets try to find out, step by step, what the problem is.

You wrote that you downloaded the apacheds-1.5.0 version and installed
it. While installing there where no errors shown. So, my next question is:

1. have you tried to connect to the running apacheds server which a ldap
browser tool like Directory Studio is? This should be the first step
after installation to make sure, that the installed server is up and
running correctly. To do that please go to
http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html and download the
current version for your operating system.

If done, please start Directory Studio and create a new connection
configuration with these parameters (based on your statement that you
did not modify the server.xml file after installation):
- hostname: localhost (or whatever you installed apacheds in)
- port: 10389
- encryption: no encryption
- bind dn: uid=admin,ou=system
- bind password: secret
==> click finish

Directory Studio should no connect to apacheds. If that is successful we
can go and try to fix the other problems that you have.

Best regards
Markus