Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Jan Swaelens <ja...@sofico.be> on 2009/06/02 08:29:44 UTC

Reset disk cache on cache startup

Hi,

I am looking for the configuration setting that deletes the disk cache
index file upon cache startup. The documentation talks about this setting
but I can't find any further information about it.
This is an extract of the documentation:

... When the disk cache is properly shutdown, the memory index is written
to disk and the value file is defragmented. When the cache starts up, the
disk cache can be configured to read or delete the index file....

Thanks!

Re: Reset disk cache on cache startup

Posted by Jan Swaelens <ja...@sofico.be>.
Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for adding this feature!

thanks!
(ps, just managed to get the jcs source from the apache svn ... I'll be up
and running very soon)

Re: Reset disk cache on cache startup

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
The new config option is in the 1.3.3.1-RC temp build.

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Jan Swaelens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for the configuration setting that deletes the disk cache
> index file upon cache startup. The documentation talks about this setting
> but I can't find any further information about it.
> This is an extract of the documentation:
>
> ... When the disk cache is properly shutdown, the memory index is written
> to disk and the value file is defragmented. When the cache starts up, the
> disk cache can be configured to read or delete the index file....

Judging from the code, this feature is not implemented.

Bye, Thomas.