Posted to user@struts.apache.org by erik eriksson <er...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/23 09:49:38 UTC

Digester parsing errors

Hello,

Digester seems to be a pretty nice package for translating XML into
java-objects. I have a question about the error handling though.

It appears that the Digester doesn't propagate some parsing errors,
e.g when a required element is missning. It only logs it to stdout.

I haven't found any way to get notification of those errors.
I want to make sure that the XML I have parsed, is validate before I
use the parsed information.
Also, I don't want all the parsing errors to be written to stdout, because
I want to take care of the errors and maybe write to other logs
(and perhaps in other formats) than to stdout.
Since Digester is declared final one cannot subclass it and override
the log-methods(or the error-, warning- and fatalError-methods).

Has anybody got a clue on how to solve these issues?