Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kevin L. Cobb" <ke...@emergint.com> on 2005/01/27 16:02:38 UTC

load-on-start and custom class loader

Hi all, I am new to the list but not new to Tomcat.

We have a main servlet that we want instantiated before any pages are
hit. Hence, in the web.xml, we use the directive
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>. In addition, we use a Custom Class
Loader that extends WebapppClassLoader because our core classes are
encrypted.

Here is the rub. The web application works fine but I get an error in
the Catalina log when the app starts, but only when using the Custom
Class Loader. The error basically says that the main servlet that I am
trying to load cannot be found. But, the servlet is found when I hit the
page, or the application would not work at all. The problem does not
seem to be in the Custom Class Loader itself, but in the way the main
servlet is being accessed when the "load-on-startup" is applied. I
assume that the load-on-startup directive would attempt to load my main
servlet class using the Custom Class Loader, but perhaps it does not? I
have to me missing something here.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin L Cobb, MT(ASCP), SCJP2

Senior Software Engineer

Emergint, Inc.

2724 River Green Circle

Louisville, KY 40206

Kevin.Cobb@emergint.com

502.896.6210 ext 255

502.896.6170 fax

The preceding e-mail message and attachments, if any, contains
information that is confidential and qualifies as such under the
Definition of Confidential Information in the Non-Disclosure Agreement,
and may constitute non-public information and trade secrets. It is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are
not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender at
502-852-1605.