Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr> on 2018/03/01 08:13:56 UTC

Re: orderSkipInvoice, complete an order without generating an invoice

Hello Rishi

On 28/02/2018 11:43, Rishi Solanki wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> Thank you for the detailed information. I agree on setting the trigger
> value on on store level so that each store may behaves as per business
> need, in case of multiple stores. Just one question here, orderHeader will
> also have the same field or it is intended to override some default
> behavior of store level setting.
Yes, set the same field on the orderHeader would be increase the
granularity rule.
By default your store generate an invoice for each shipment but for a
"specific big customer" you bill these orders by one invoice by month.
With a surcharge on the order you can implement a seca on your plugin to
analyze the customer when you create an order and change the billing
process value for this order.

I exchanged also with Pierre Gaudin, he has been implemented for a
customer a process to generate a invoice per month on some specific
case, we will see if we can adapt this with enumeration idea.
If you are agree I propose to try a POC with 4 cases :
  * bill on shipment
  * bill on order completed
  * bill on demand
  * no billed

Thanks Rishi for your look
Cheers,
Nicolas

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Nicolas,

I have some concerns like how to override the enumeration at order level
and overriding it at order level is okay, may be people from community
advise here.

But yes a POC would be of help to understand the exact use cases, which may
clear my most concerns. Please consider one suggestion to keep the existing
flow as is with the demo data, so that default OFBiz behaves as is.

Thanks!

--
Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.