Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "MEHMOOD, QAISER " <qm...@fccj.edu> on 2005/06/02 20:08:14 UTC

help for ClassNotFoundExcpetion

Hi ,

   Under tomcat I am integrating the uPortal and running one portlet
application in a web context.

   I put my own classes under the WEB-INF/classes directory and also put
jar files in

   WEB-INF/lib directory , but I am getting the error :

   ClassNotFoundException ,

   When I put these jar files in tomcat/common/lib directory , its
working fine. Can anyone tell me

   That how and where I can specify for a web application under one
context that where are the jar

    And class files.

Re: help for ClassNotFoundExcpetion

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 6/2/05, MEHMOOD, QAISER <qm...@fccj.edu> wrote:

>    When I put these jar files in tomcat/common/lib directory , its
> working fine. Can anyone tell me

In Tomcat classes in common/lib cannot find a class in a
webapplication. Check the stacktrace to see what class is not found
and which class is loading this and where it is located.

--
rgds
Anto Paul