Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by 杨苏立 Yang Su Li <ya...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/03 21:53:00 UTC

Comments on HBase Architecture Document

Hi HBase Developers,

The previous email I sent seem to spur more conversion on the durability of
HBase rather than its overall architecture; so I think i would send another
email to plead comments on our architectural document (
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~suli/hbase.pdf) .
We are doing some research on scheduling in storage systems, including
HBase. We want to make sure that we are making reasonable assumption
assumptions about the HBase architecture.

We did our best reading the code, and used some runtime tools to understand
the internal structure of HBase , but it would be best if some developers
of HBase could confirm that our understanding is correct (or, pointing out
if it is wrong or inaccurate).

We drew an document which describes HBase work-flow (
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~suli/hbase.pdf) . It emphasizes how different
threads in HBase interact with each other, as that's what we are most
interested in.

We are wondering if you could take a look at this document and let us know
your thoughts. We really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!

Suli

--
Suli Yang