Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/25 08:29:37 UTC

Is there an official ZooKeeper server interface definition?

Hi ZooKeepers,

Recently I notice some active development on ClickHouse project[1] which
said

> Implementation of a server with ZooKeeper interface inside ClickHouse.

I'm curious what is that mean. In other words, how to fake a ZooKeeper
server with other implementation? What is the important procedure such a
fake should simulate.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/ClickHouse/ClickHouse/issues/17623

Re: Is there an official ZooKeeper server interface definition?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Tison,
I am not sure I understand what you mean.
If you want to abstract from ZooKeeper you have to create your own set
of interfaces/classes that mimic ZooKeeper API.

The ZooKeeper client API is the main ZooKeeper client class.

If you what to start a ZooKeeper Server you can go with the
ZooKeeperServerEmbedded API available on 3.7.0 or with Curator (but
you already know this :-) )

Enrico