Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/10/04 15:32:48 UTC

#190 (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #154: Installer fails when providing repository type without a path and vice versa)

On 04/10/12 13:53, Jure Žitnik wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> On 10/3/12 12:00 PM, Gary Martin wrote:
>> Hi Jure,
>>
>> Annoyingly it seems that adding attachments does not trigger email
>> updates so I missed your patch for this issue.
>
> Another ticket that's pending proposed patch review is #190.

Good point. Here is the link to that ticket for more information:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/190

The fix is pretty simple and I don't see any particular problem with it.

One thing worth noting is that I believe you can replace

    more_link_href = req.href('query', args)

with

    more_link_href = req.href.query(args)

Personally, I am not sure that the latter is any better style but you
may spot that kind of code in places. I would be happy to commit Jure's
patch unchanged.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: #190 (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #154: Installer fails when providing repository type without a path and vice versa)

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/12, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 04/10/12 13:53, Jure Žitnik wrote:
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> On 10/3/12 12:00 PM, Gary Martin wrote:
>>> Hi Jure,
>>>
>>> Annoyingly it seems that adding attachments does not trigger email
>>> updates so I missed your patch for this issue.
>>
>> Another ticket that's pending proposed patch review is #190.
>
> Good point. Here is the link to that ticket for more information:
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/190
>
> The fix is pretty simple and I don't see any particular problem with it.
>
> One thing worth noting is that I believe you can replace
>
>     more_link_href = req.href('query', args)
>
> with
>
>     more_link_href = req.href.query(args)

+1 ... just a matter of styles ; prefer using the later rather than
the former , except in cases like

more_link_href = req.href('query' if q else 'report', args)

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article: