Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vijay Mali <ki...@hotmail.com> on 2009/11/15 01:27:26 UTC

Please help me with this AxisFault

Hi,

I am new to Webservice. Please see my code below and the exception I am getting. Can someone please explain where am I going wrong?

import java.net.URL;

import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

import javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode;

import javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory;

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;

import org.apache.axis.client.Service;

.

.

.

.

.

try {

                  Service service = new Service();

                  Call call = (Call)service.createCall(new QName("ValidateEmailSoap"));

                  String endpoint = "http://www.webservicex.net/ValidateEmail.asmx";

                  call.setPortName(new QName("ValidateEmailSoap"));

                  call.setProperty( Call.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY, new Boolean( true ) );

                  call.setProperty( Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY, "http://www.webservicex.net/IsValidEmail");

                  call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(endpoint));

                  call.setOperationName( new QName("IsValidEmail") );

                  String email = new String("vmali@pps.co.za"); // pass email

                  call.addParameter("Email",org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,      ParameterMode.INOUT);

                  call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_ANY);

                  Object answer = call.invoke(new Object [] {email});

                  System.out.println("Got result : " + answer.toString());

            } catch (Exception e) {

                  //System.err.println(e.toString());

                  e.printStackTrace();

            }

I am getting following error. Can someone please explain what am I missing??

AxisFault

faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server

faultSubcode:

faultString: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ValidateEmail.ValidateEmail.VerifyEmail(String Email)

at ValidateEmail.ValidateEmail.IsValidEmail(String Email)

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

      {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

   at ValidateEmail.ValidateEmail.VerifyEmail(String Email)

   at ValidateEmail.ValidateEmail.IsValidEmail(String Email)

      at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)

      at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)

      at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)

      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)

      at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)

      at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)

      at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)

      at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)

      at za.co.pps.servicemanager.ServiceManager.main(ServiceManager.java:51)

Regards,

VJ

Re: Please help me with this AxisFault

Posted by Vijay Mali <ki...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jonah,

Thanks for the response!

I have sorted this...!!! Thanks to AXIS -> WSDL2Java....makes life so easy!

Regards,
VJ

Posted by jonah <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,pls paste wsdl content.