Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Atherton, Cynthia" <ca...@harris.com> on 2012/05/23 19:13:56 UTC

Mail Encryption Algorithm

I'm trying to determine how James implements a specific encryption algorithm for email messages.

We currently use a MySQL database as our mail repository. The email content is encrypted in the database. Where is James do I specify the encryption algorithm?

Thanks,

Cindy Atherton

Re: Mail Encryption Algorithm

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Cindy,

We have support for content encryption in the JPA (database) mailbox.
See MAILBOX-102 for details [1]

See also [2] which has a small sentence about this, but which doesn't
explain the bits (see also persistence-template.xml [3] where the
JPAEncryptedMessage is commented).

You will have to look at [4] to see how the encryption is achieved (done
by via org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEByteEncryptor)

Thx, Eric

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAILBOX-102
[2] http://james.apache.org/mailbox/mailbox-jpa.html
[3]