Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Eric Chaves <er...@uolet.com> on 2019/02/21 19:23:28 UTC

Cannot proxy to site HTTPS on port 8443

Hi folks,

I've successfully configured an ATS instance working as forward proxy for
my services. My client applications are successfully using the proxy to
reach sites running on standard HTTP ports (80 and 443) but when I try to
reach a site in non standard site (ie https://some-domain:8443/index.html)
I receive an error " Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT". The
HTTP response headers are:

HTTP/1.1 403 Tunnel Forbidden
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:20:27 GMT
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Server: ATS/8.0.2
Cache-Control: no-store

If I ssh into the proxy host and perform a simple curl to the site
destination (ie curl https://some-domain:8443/index.html) I successfully
reach it, so I assume I'm missing something in ATS configuration.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Best regards,

Eric

Re: Cannot proxy to site HTTPS on port 8443

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.
Yes, that's a common use case.

Posted by Eric Chaves <er...@uolet.com>.

Posted by Susan Hinrichs <sh...@apache.org>.