Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Garrett James <ga...@bah.com> on 2004/01/29 14:16:34 UTC

Jetspeed and Serializable configuration

I am using Jetspeed 1.4 in conjunction with an Oracle9iAS Application Server
and need to have it setup as part of a cluster of app servers.  One of the
requirements for Oracle9iAs is that all objects stored/retrieved from the
HttpSession must be Serializable.  When I attempt to use Jetspeed in a
clustered environment I get error messages back from the app server stating
that the Session Objects in Jetspeed are not Serializable.  Here is the
stack trace I receive:

[29 Jan 2004 07:36:59 ERROR] - Error rendering Velocity template:
screens/html/Home.vm: Invocation of method 'setMode' in  class
org.apache.jetspeed.services.rundata.DefaultJetspeedRunData threw exception
class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : Only java.io.Serializable,
javax.ejb.EJBObject and javax.ejb.EJBHome instances can be bound to a
session in a distributable web-application, not:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.statemanager.JetspeedHttpStateManagerService$St
ateEntry@fe30af (class
org.apache.jetspeed.services.statemanager.JetspeedHttpStateManagerService$St
ateEntry)
[29 Jan 2004 07:36:59 ERROR] - Error rendering Velocity template:
screens/ShowError: Unable to find resource 'screens/ShowError'
[29 Jan 2004 07:36:59 ERROR] -
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'screens/ShowError'
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(Resour
ceManagerImpl.java:501)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(Resourc
eManagerImpl.java:384)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(RuntimeInstance.java
:814)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeSingleton.getTemplate(RuntimeSingleton.ja
va:355)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:482)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java:461)

Has anyone encountered this before?  Is there any workaround in Jetspeed to
make this work.  Would using the JSP implementation work instead of using
Velocity?  Any help you could give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim Garrett