Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/04/20 19:50:09 UTC

build problem

Dang. I just synced with the mainline and now when I build under 1.4,
the build complains that it can't find javax.transaction.xa:

    [javac]
C:\cygwin\home\rh161140\derby\mainline\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\store\access\xa\XAResourceMan
ager.java:27: package javax.transaction.xa does not exist
    [javac] import javax.transaction.xa.Xid;
    [javac]                             ^

Is anyone else seeing these problems?

Regards,
-Rick

Re: build problem

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 4/20/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> Oh bother. I have synced up to revision 395720. That fixes the build
> problem, but now I'm getting UnsupportedClassVersionError again when I
> run jdbcapi/metadata.java under DerbNetClient on jdk1.3.

Yep, there's plenty of cleanup left to do. Turns out that separation
of JDK 1.3-dependent code from JDK 1.4-dependent code is poor
(non-existant?) in the client build, and there are quite a few java
tests that land on the wrong side of the fence as well.

We know it works on 1.3, so it's just a matter of getting all the
right classes segregated into 1.3-land and 1.4-land. So, bear with me
and I'll get them all separated. I'd suggest just not testing on 1.3
until I sound the all clear.

So: engine, tools, build, shared, and drda are done. That leaves
testing, client, and I want to double-check demo. Let me know if you
want to help out. ;-)

andrew

Re: build problem

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Re: build problem

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> writes:

> Dang. I just synced with the mainline and now when I build under 1.4,
> the build complains that it can't find javax.transaction.xa:
>
>    [javac]
> C:\cygwin\home\rh161140\derby\mainline\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\store\access\xa\XAResourceMan
> ager.java:27: package javax.transaction.xa does not exist
>    [javac] import javax.transaction.xa.Xid;
>    [javac]                             ^
>
> Is anyone else seeing these problems?

Yup. I'm afraid that Andrew's attempt at fixing my metadata.java with
1.3 DerbyNetClient problem is to blame. Sorry, don't mean to pick on
you Andrew, but

dt136804@khepri29~/lderby/derby-1094$ svn log -r 395601:HEAD
r395643 | fuzzylogic | 2006-04-20 19:07:39 +0200 (Thu, 20 Apr 2006) | 4 lines

DERBY-1078: Move more files to 1.3 source/target tags. Add xml-api jars to
compile XML classes with 1.3. Break shared hierarchy up into 1.3 and 1.4 parts.
JDK 1.3 now passes basic tests when compiled with 1.5.

and I know that it works in revision 395601.

--
dt

Re: build problem

Posted by Army <qo...@gmail.com>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Dang. I just synced with the mainline and now when I build under 1.4,
> the build complains that it can't find javax.transaction.xa:
>
>    [javac]
> C:\cygwin\home\rh161140\derby\mainline\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\store\access\xa\XAResourceMan
>
> ager.java:27: package javax.transaction.xa does not exist
>    [javac] import javax.transaction.xa.Xid;
>    [javac]                             ^
>
> Is anyone else seeing these problems?

Yes, I'm seeing it too.
Army