Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Edgardo Vega <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/17 13:40:48 UTC

Nifi Clustering and AWS autoscaling

Has anyone use nifi in an aws autoscaling group? If so what is the
recommended solution? I want to be able to use nifi in cluster but grow and
shrink the cluster based on demand.

--
Cheers,

Edgardo

Re: Nifi Clustering and AWS autoscaling

Posted by Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com>.
NiFi does not support autoscaling at this time. Sure you can spin up new
NiFi Nodes and they will join in to the NiFi cluster, but each node works
in a vacuum unaware of the other Nodes. Should a NiFi Node disappear, the
other Nodes do not pick up on the work that Node had in its queues. So NiFi
can support scaling up automatically, but scaling down is not supported.
The NiFi Cluster Manager (NCM) will mark anymissing Node as disconnected,
but until he is manually removed from the cluster, changes can not be made
the graph/canvas.