Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Peter Thygesen <th...@infopaq.dk> on 2007/12/18 13:38:46 UTC

Hbase tutorial?

I tried to enter some test tables in hbase. The example was taken from
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseShell but it fails no
matter which bloomfiler option I choose. Is there a better tutorial?

Hbase> CREATE TABLE webtable (

   --> contents MAX_VERSIONS=10 COMPRESSION=BLOCK,

   --> anchor MAX_LENGTH=256 BLOOMFILTER=COUNTING

   --> VECTOR_SIZE=1000000 NUM_HASH=4);

Syntax error : Type 'help;' for usage.

Message : Encountered "COUNTING" at line 1, column 104.

Hbase>

Hope someone will answer this newbie question...

\Peter

Re: Hbase tutorial?

Posted by rahulrinayat <ra...@yahoo.co.in>.
just write in thyis way
CREATE TABLE 'webtable ','mycolumn'

RE: Hbase tutorial?

Posted by edward yoon <we...@udanax.org>.
Try the following:

hql> create table webtable(
  --> contents MAX_VERSIONS=10 COMPRESSION=BLOCK,
  --> anchor MAX_LENGTH=256 BLOOMFILTER=COUNTING_BLOOMFILTER
  --> VECTOR_SIZE=10000 NUM_HASH=4);

* BLOOMFILTER=NONE|BLOOMFILTER|COUNTING_BLOOMFILTER|RETOUCHED_BLOOMFILTER

Thanks,
Edward.

B. Regards,

Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.