Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by revas <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 11:26:18 UTC

Analyzers and stemmer

Hi ,

  With respect to language support in solr ,we have analyzers for some
languages and stemmers for certain langauges.Do we say that solr supports
this particular language only if we have both analyzer and stemmer for the
language or also for which we have analyzer but not stemmer

Regards
Sujatha

Re: Analyzers and stemmer

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I would say a language is supported if there is a Tokenizer available
for it.  Everything else after that is generally seen as an improvement.

On Apr 9, 2009, at 5:26 AM, revas wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>  With respect to language support in solr ,we have analyzers for some
> languages and stemmers for certain langauges.Do we say that solr
> supports
> this particular language only if we have both analyzer and stemmer
> for the
> language or also for which we have analyzer but not stemmer
>
> Regards
> Sujatha

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/