Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2017/10/27 12:28:56 UTC

Build fails at oak-lucene

Hi all,

I am currently trying to build oak from master. When doing mvn clean
install I get an error in the oak-lucene module.
It looks like the referenced adobe granite parent pom is missing. I guess
this error does not occur when someone builds using the Adobe vpn.

So I think we need to publish the parent pom to maven central. I will try
to find someone with the rights to do this.

Christian

-----

[*ERROR*] Failed to execute goal on project oak-lucene: *Could not resolve
dependencies for project
org.apache.jackrabbit:oak-lucene:bundle:1.8-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect
dependencies at org.apache.tika:tika-parsers:jar:1.15 ->
com.drewnoakes:metadata-extractor:jar:2.9.1 ->
com.adobe.xmp:xmpcore:jar:5.1.2*: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
com.adobe.xmp:xmpcore:jar:5.1.2: Failure to find
com.adobe.granite:parent:pom:60 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> *[Help
1]*

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: Build fails at oak-lucene

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Yes .. I think this is what I experienced. I guess I got the 5.1.2 from
some internal Adobe build.
So upgrading to 5.1.3 makes a lot of sense.

Christian

> On 27/10/2017 15:08, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > Yes. There are indeed two different versions of this artifact. I have
> > no idea why.
>
> I think the main reason is that before 5.1.2 xmpcore were a closed
> source project within Adobe. the 5.1.2 version has been release both
> internally in adobe and later on publicly with the same version.
>
> Therefore, if you happen to download the first time xmpcore on your
> system from within the Adobe network it will download the one that
> references internal artifacts that are not available publicly.
> Eventually when building from outside the VPN if one of those artifacts
> are not in the local repo it fails.
>
> I see that xmpcore is not up to version 6.1.10. Maybe by simply updating
> tikka to 5.1.3 could solve this issue for good.
>
> D.

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: Build fails at oak-lucene

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2017-10-30 08:34, Davide Giannella wrote:
> I see that xmpcore is not up to version 6.1.10. Maybe by simply updating
> tikka to 5.1.3 could solve this issue for good.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2486

Best regards, Julian

Re: Build fails at oak-lucene

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.