Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Dan S <ds...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/23 19:00:16 UTC

NIFI Checkstyle configuration

I noticed in the Contributor Guide
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide#ContributorGuide-IntelliJIDEAUsers>
it is suggested to use a Checkstyle configuration file extracted from the
top level pom when using the Intellij Checkstyle plugin.
Wouldn't it be easier to have this Checkstyle configuration file as part of
the NIFI code base and reference it in the plugin configuration as detailed
in Using a Custom Checkstyle Checker Configuration
<https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/examples/custom-checker-config.html>
and
use the same file for configuring the Intellij Checkstyle plugin?

Re: NIFI Checkstyle configuration

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Yes please :)

Posted by Dan S <ds...@gmail.com>.