Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/21 15:21:00 UTC

Distribution of production systems??

I have an application that is ready to ship and uses basically servlets and
JSPs. Our preferred system of choice is Tomcat/Apache, but there might be
scenarios where customers would like to choose Websphere or BEA or ..... In
this case we are considering packaging the application as a .war file and
sending this accross.

I tried the .war file generated with BEA yesterday and it did not work , but
the same war file worked with Websphere Studio. So my question is what are
the distribution methods that developers out there use to distribute their
web applications.

2nd question is what are EAR files and how do they differ from WAR files.

Thanks in advance.

TP