Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Simon B <si...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/21 13:09:04 UTC

quickstart instructions cause - archetypeCatalog 'http://wicket.apache.org' is not supported anymore

Hi I'm trying to get a new Wicket project going using the latest version with
maven

I get the following error when running the recommended command:

$] mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=https://wicket.apache.org -e

archetypeCatalog 'http://wicket.apache.org' is not supported anymore

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: quickstart instructions cause - archetypeCatalog 'http://wicket.apache.org' is not supported anymore

Posted by Simon B <si...@gmail.com>.
Great, thank you!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Great work :)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 at 19:56, Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should be ok now.
>

> On 22/09/2018 05:50, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> > Version prior to 2.5 might be provided for snapshots ....
> >
> > WBR, Maxim
> > (from mobile, sorry for the typos)
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2018, 02:03 Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Ouch....! I just discovered that from version 2.5 archetype plugin
> >> removed support for archetypeRepository parameter. We should add a note
> >> about this below the form.
> >>

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43570594/error-executing-maven-archetype-generate-command-to-create-a-opndaylight-project

> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

> (org.apache.wicket:wicket-archetype-quickstart:8.2.0-SNAPSHOT)

> If
> >> get in

> >> -DarchetypeVersion=8.1.0

> >> version