Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Gary VanMatre <gv...@comcast.net> on 2007/05/03 20:54:05 UTC

Place to look for if component attributes declared in the markup are not set to the Component - although defined in the xml file clay uses to look for the component

>Some question about shales interna.
>
>Where have i have to look for, it i have declared attributes in my clay
>xml config, but they are ignored.
>
>Its a little bit connected to the inputSuggestAjax thread.
>
><s:inputSuggestAjax suggestedItemsMethod="#{inputSuggestAjax.getItems}"
>maxSuggestedItems="10" value="#{inputSuggestAjax.suggestValue}"
>charset="utf-8" jsfid="s:inputSuggestAjax"/>
>

>maxSuggestedItems="10" and charset="utf-8" works - but the others, which
>got an EL expression, dont.
>
>Might be something which i have done wrong maybe,but looked at
>t:commandNavigation for example, i've done it like there (and its the
>same hermods tld2claycfg tool produces).

Any attributes that are not defined in the clay component xml config, are treated as symbols.
The component config is a stand-in for the tag's TLD.  It needs to define all the attributes for a
component.  Clay expands the attribute metadata allowing you to specify the binding type.

VB - Component expects a value binding expression object
Early - The expression is evaluated before setting the components property
None - The string literal is passed on to the component after it is converted to the target type

>So i need to look for the place where this is read and set - don't know
>where, but i am sure you could help me ;)

The mapping from markup into config beans ("Canonical Data Model" - same beans used by the digester to read XML) is in the Builder.assignAttributes.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/framework/trunk/shale-clay/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/clay/parser/builder/Builder.java?view=markup

The attributes are pushed to the components here:  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/framework/trunk/shale-clay/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/clay/component/chain/PropertyValueCommand.java?view=markup

>Torsten

Gary