Posted to user@struts.apache.org by William Miles <th...@tdcspace.dk> on 2002/12/15 17:12:23 UTC

question

Howdy folks,

I am having some problems and hope somebody can help. Using
struts-example as a starting point, I would like to move the following
decalration out of the jsp page and into the ActionBean(for the sake of
this example, we add it there):

java.util.ArrayList list = new java.util.ArrayList();
list.add(new example.LabelValueBean("one", "1"));
list.add(new example.LabelValueBean("two", "2"));
list.add(new example.LabelValueBean("three", "3"));
list.add(new example.LabelValueBean("four", "4"));

so in my FormBean and DataBean I added the setter and getter methods to
accomodate the above declaration eg:

private ArrayList list = null;
private String select = "one";

public void ArrayList getList(){
	return list;
}

public void setList(ArrayList list){
	this.list=list;
}

public void String getSelect(){
	return select;
}

public void setSelect(String select){
	this.select=select;
}

and added the list to the DataBean(which is used to populate the
FormBean) in the ActionBean:
		data.setList(list);

now for the problem, how should i define the <html:select> and
the ActionBean?

		property="value"
                 labelProperty="label"/>

but this does not work.