Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2019/10/09 02:07:34 UTC

The fifth HBase 1.5.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

The fifth HBase 1.5.0 release candidate (RC4) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/1.5.0RC4/ and Maven artifacts
are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1364/ .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.5.0RC4’ (d14e335edc).

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/1.5.0RC4/compat-check-report.html
. I believe the reported changes conform to the compatibility guidelines
for a minor release. Method additions to Public and LimitedPrivate
interfaces are allowed. A method has been removed from a
LimitedPrivate(Config) interface but should have no practical impact.

A list of the 203 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/h3y00 . The 1.5.0 changelog is derived from the
changelog of the last branch-1.4 release, 1.4.10.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to
close it Monday October 14, 2019 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks:

    RAT check passes (7u80)
    Unit test suite passes (7u80, 8u222)*
    Opened the UI in a browser, poked around, used the profiler servlet a
few times to look at flamegraph and tree output.
    LTT load 10M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u212)
    ITBLL 100M rows with slowDeterministic monkey (8u222)

* - There are known flaky tests. If you would like, you can download a list
of exclude patterns from
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-1/
.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: The fifth HBase 1.5.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

* Signature: ok

* Checksum : ok

* Rat check (1.8.0_222): ok

* Built from source (1.8.0_222): ok

* UT failures: TestSnapshotFromMaster and TestFIFOCompactionPolicy, both
are already on the flaky list;

Manually ran create, put, scan. get, disable, drop, flush, list, delete
shell commands.

Success completed: hbase ltt -tn test-tbl -families cf -write 5:10000:5
-num_keys 10000000

Posted by Reid Chan <re...@outlook.com>.
+1 (binding)

Used hbase-vote script.

env: 8u111

Signatures: ok
Checksums: ok
Rat check: ok
Built from src: ok
UnitTests: ok (except for those flaky-tests in board)

--------------------------

Best regards,
R.C

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Run the hbase-vote.sh under dev-support directory, the results are
following:

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_221): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_221): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_221):ok (Some UT timeout but they're not related
to this release.)
         - mvn package -P runAllTests

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

[RESULT] [VOTE] The fifth HBase 1.5.0 release candidate (RC4) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With 4 binding +1 votes and one non-binding +1 votes, and no 0 or -1 votes,
this vote passes.

My thanks to all who voted on the candidate.

Completing the release.

--
Best regards,
Andrew